Sat, 08 May|
Get On Yer Hike 2
Experience the beauty and wonder of the Trossachs.
Time & Location
08 May 2021, 08:00
Stirling, Stirling, Callander FK17 8HZ, UK
About the Event
Ben Venue may be small in stature but it is a mountain of real character, the finest in the Trossachs when seen across Loch Venachar, Loch Achray or Loch Katrine. The ascent is a great walk with both boggy and rocky ground higher up, and stunning views from the summit.
This will be our second Get on Your Hike event.
Walking will be around 5-6 hours and include climbing hills.
Good forest tracks and path to the col and a final rocky path to the summits
Only 10 spaces availabe so book fast.
Ensure you appropriate kit with you. See kit list in menu for a list of desired equipment for hiking. Boots suitable for walking, warm clothing, waterproofs and water bottle essential.
Where to Meet
Please be at the Ben Venue car park at 8am. Ben Venue car park off the A821. Please don't be late as we don't want people waiting around in the cold.
Dealing with emergency poo situations in the outdoors
Please bring toilet paper, a disposable bag and hand sanitiser (a backpaking trowel can come in handy for digging a hole). Please read this advice for dealing with emergency poo.
Learn how to avoid and treat ticks here.
Get On Yer Hike Shop
See our online shop for emergency bivvy bags and tick removers.
The latest Scottish government guidelines state:
"Organised outdoor non-contact sports, exercise, personal training and coaching are permitted in groups of up to 15 people (including coaches and instructors), providing appropriate guidance is followed."
We will be following Mountaineering Scotland's Guidance for Hillwalking during COVID-19
This includes the following advice:
Follow the current Scottish Government advice (FACTS):
- Avoid crowded places
- Clean hands regularly
- Two metre distance
- Self-isolate (10 days) and book a test if you have symptoms
- Be cautious of touching surfaces eg gates, stiles and clean your hands if you do touch a hard surface.
- Avoid sharing food, drink or equipment with other people.
- Be self-sufficient and plan ahead to minimise potential contact with others by avoiding stops for fuel and using other facilities out-with your area where possible. Take everything you need withyou including food, drink and a bag to put your litter in and #TakItHame.
- Car sharing and public transport - follow the current guidelines on the Transport Scotlandwebsite
General Admission£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out