Sat, 10 Apr|
Ochils Adventure 2
Experience the beauty and wonder of the Ochils
Time & Location
10 Apr 2021, 08:00 – 12:00
Clackmannanshire, Dollar FK14 7PP, UK
About the Event
This will be our first Get on Your Hike event.
Walking will be around 3 hours and include climbing hills.
Only 10 spaces availabe so book fast.
Ensure you appropriate kit with you. See kit list in menu for a list of desired equipment for hiking. Boots suitable for walking, warm clothing, waterproofs and water bottle essential.
Where to Meet
Please be at the first car park on Castle Road, Dollar, FK14 7PP at 8am. Please don't be late as we don't want people waiting around in the cold.
The latest Scottish government guidelines state:
"Organised outdoor non-contact sports, exercise, personal training and coaching are permitted in groups of up to 15 people (including coaches and instructors), providing appropriate guidance is followed."
We will be following Mountaineering Scotland's Guidance for Hillwalking during COVID-19
This includes the following advice:
Follow the current Scottish Government advice (FACTS):
- Avoid crowded places
- Clean hands regularly
- Two metre distance
- Self-isolate (10 days) and book a test if you have symptoms
- Be cautious of touching surfaces eg gates, stiles and clean your hands if you do touch a hard surface.
- Avoid sharing food, drink or equipment with other people.
- Be self-sufficient and plan ahead to minimise potential contact with others by avoiding stops for fuel and using other facilities out-with your area where possible. Take everything you need withyou including food, drink and a bag to put your litter in and #TakItHame.
- Car sharing and public transport - follow the current guidelines on the Transport Scotlandwebsite
Dealing with emergency poo situations in the outdoors
Please bring toilet paper, a disposable bag and hand sanitiser (a backpaking trowel can come in handy for digging a hole). Please read this advice for dealing with emergency poo.
Download the free OS Locate app to help you find your grid reference if needed.